- On Monday, October 15th, U.S. Representative Lou Barletta (R-PA-11), member of the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, joined National Railroad Construction & Maintenance Association member L.B. Foster for a transportation public policy discussion at L.B. Foster's headquarters in Pittsburgh.
"L.B. Foster was honored to host Representative Lou Barletta today at our Pittsburgh based global headquarters,"
said Bob Bauer, President and CEO of L.B. Foster. "As a leading supplier of products and services for our nation's infrastructure in transportation and energy markets, we continue to invest in the economic growth taking place within Pennsylvania, and we look forward to providing well-paying jobs in our facilities around the world."
L.B. Foster is a leading manufacturer, fabricator and distributor of products and services for the rail transportation, construction and energy/utility industries. Since 1902 our company has provided the materials necessary to construct major projects around the world. Last year L.B. Foster achieved sales of $536 million with approximately 1,475 employees. Our Pittsburgh, PA global headquarters is home to 140 employees while our facility in nearby Bedford, PA, which fabricates products for America's bridges, has over 40 employees.
The Congressman participated in a brief policy discussion which highlighted government over regulation in the rail industry, like the proposed FRA Part 243 rule, which would hurt the railroad contractor business. Attendees thanked the Congressman for his support as a co-sponsor on the Building Rail Access for Customers and the Economy (BRACE) Act, which, if passed by Congress, will allow the nation's small, local freight railroads to increase their reinvestment for upgrades and expanding the "first and last mile" of transportation infrastructure.
The NRC and the Railway Engineering-Maintenance Suppliers Association (REMSA) coordinated the event.
Also in attendance:
- Bob Bauer, President and CEO, L.B. Foster
- Matt Bell, Executive Vice President/COO, National Railroad Construction and Maintenance Association (NRC)
- Jacob Carter, Government Affairs Manager, REMSA
- Patrick Guinee, Sr. Vice President General Counsel, L.B. Foster
- John Kasel, Sr. Vice President Rail and Construction, L.B. Foster
- Brian Kelly, Sr. Vice President Human Resources and Administration, L.B. Foster
- Jeff Kondis, Manager Strategic Marketing, L.B. Foster
- Greg Lippard, Vice President Rail Products and Sales, L.B. Foster
- Jim Maloney, Sr. Vice President Chief Financial Officer, L.B. Foster
- Many other L.B. Foster Pittsburgh office employees